What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We may collect two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII).
- PII- PII is information that identifies a specific user of the Services and is provided by the user.
- When you engage in certain activities on the Services, such as when you register to use the Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself that we will collect and store.
- Depending on what activity you are engaged in, some of the information that we request will be identified as mandatory or as voluntary.
- If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- We log Internet protocol (IP) server addresses for system administration purposes and catalog traffic patterns through the Sites. This information may or may not be linked to an applicant’s personal information at our discretion.
- You do not have to engage in the activities in which we ask you to provide such information. But if you choose to do so, we may ask you to provide information, such as your first and last name, gender, email address or date of birth.
- Non-PII: Non-PII is information that identifies your computer and its navigational patterns through the Services (but not a specific user).
- We may automatically collect Non-PII information when you visit the Services, through the use of a variety of tools including cookies (small text files that are stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes and which contain information about that user’s computer), or other available data analysis or collection technologies.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, use Live Chat, open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site, provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect to: (a) personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; (b) improve our website in order to better serve you; (c) improve the content, operation, appearance and utility of the Services; (d) allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests; (e) ask for ratings and reviews of services or products; (f) troubleshoot and resolve disputes; (j) accomplish other administrative tasks (h) conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en)
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur within 7 business days. We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Specific Industry Disclaimers
Please note that we are not a mortgage lender, debt servicer, debt settlement, real estate company, insurance agent, auto sales company or automotive warranty organization. This is not, and is not intended to be, any type of application for any financial product.
This policy was last modified on 12/15/2017
We keep your personal information private and safe — and put you in control.