Today's Mortgage Rates in Georgia
Current Average Mortgage Rates in Georgia - Updated: Sun, Dec 3, 2023
|Rate type||Average Rate||1W Change||1M Change||1Y Change|
|5/1 Adjustable Rate||6.06%||0.11%||0.35%||1.67%||Calculate||Personalize|
|FHA 30-Year Fixed-Rate||6.90%||-0.02%||-0.12%||-0.25%||Calculate||Personalize|
|Jumbo 30-Year Fixed-Rate||7.61%||0.13%||0.00%||-0.03%||Calculate||Personalize|
|VA 30-Year Fixed-Rate||6.79%||0.16%||-0.06%||-0.22%||Calculate||Personalize|
According to data from Freddie Mac's Primary Mortgage Market Survey and Optimal Blue Mortgage Market Indices, As of the latest data, mortgage rates continue to exhibit both upward and downward trends across various loan programs. Here's a snapshot of the recent changes:
- 30-Year Fixed-Rate: The average rate for 30-Year Fixed-Rate is now at 7.22%. Over the past week, we've seen a decrease of -0.07%, while the rates have decreased by -0.28% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has risen by 0.10%.
- 15-Year Fixed-Rate: The average rate for 15-Year Fixed-Rate is now at 6.56%. Over the past week, we've seen a decrease of -0.11%, while the rates have decreased by -0.25% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has risen by 0.04%.
- 5/1 Adjustable Rate: The average rate for 5/1 Adjustable Rate is now at 6.06%. Over the past week, we've seen a slight increase of 0.11%, while the rates have risen by 0.35% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has risen by 1.67%.
- FHA 30-Year Fixed-Rate: The average rate for FHA 30-Year Fixed-Rate is now at 6.90%. Over the past week, we've seen a decrease of -0.02%, while the rates have decreased by -0.12% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has decreased by -0.25%.
- Jumbo 30-Year Fixed-Rate: The average rate for Jumbo 30-Year Fixed-Rate is now at 7.61%. Over the past week, we've seen a slight increase of 0.13%, while the rates have risen by 0.00% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has decreased by -0.03%.
- VA 30-Year Fixed-Rate: The average rate for VA 30-Year Fixed-Rate is now at 6.79%. Over the past week, we've seen a slight increase of 0.16%, while the rates have decreased by -0.06% over the past month. Looking back a year, the rate has decreased by -0.22%.
Buying a Home in Georgia: Explore Your Loan Options
Discover a wide array of options, including FHA Loans, VA Loans, Jumbo Loans, 30-year Fixed Loans, and 15-year Fixed Loans, customized to perfectly suit your home-buying journey in Georgia.
When considering your home purchase in Georgia, take into account factors such as your financial situation, long-term plans, and the specific property you're interested in. Consult with local mortgage brokers or lenders who understand the Georgia real estate market to receive personalized advice.
Calculate Monthly Payment with Current Georgia Mortgage Rates
Georgia Mortgage Calculator is easy, free, and a must-have tool for prospective Georgia homebuyers and those considering refinancing. With this Mortgage Calculator, you can
- Get Fast Payment Estimates: Discover your approximate monthly mortgage payment based on current Georgia mortgage rates.
- Experiment with Scenarios: Play with different loan amounts, interest rates, and terms to determine the ideal mortgage for your budget.
- Budget Smartly: Pinpoint the perfect home price in Georgia that aligns with your financial goals.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated on the latest Georgia mortgage rates for confident decision-making.
How to Find the Best Mortgage Rates in Georgia
When it comes to securing the best mortgage rates in Georgia, a little research and diligence can save you a significant amount of money over the life of your loan. Mortgage rates can vary depending on a variety of factors, so here are some steps to help you find the most favorable rates in Georgia:
- Check Your Credit Score: Start by checking your credit score. Lenders use this score to determine your creditworthiness, and a higher score often leads to better mortgage rates. If your score needs improvement, take steps to boost it before applying for a mortgage.
- Research Lenders: Look for reputable lenders in Georgia. You can explore local banks, credit unions, and online lenders. Each may offer different rates and loan options, so it's essential to compare multiple lenders.
- Compare Rates Online: Use online mortgage rate comparison tools to get an idea of the current rates in Georgia. These tools provide a snapshot of the rates offered by various lenders, allowing you to see which ones are competitive.
- Get Personalized Quotes: Request personalized mortgage rate quotes. Be prepared to provide information about your financial situation, such as your credit score, income, and the type of mortgage you're seeking.
- Negotiate and Shop Around: Don't be afraid to negotiate with lenders and ask if they can match or beat the rates you've received from other lenders. Shopping around is key to finding the best deal.
- Consider Macro and Local Factors: Be aware that local factors in Georgia, such as housing market conditions and economic trends, can impact mortgage rates. Stay informed about the state's real estate landscape.
- Understand All Costs: Beyond the interest rate, consider all associated costs, including closing costs and fees. A lower rate with high fees may not be the best deal overall. Use Georgia Closing Cost Calculator to estimate closing cost.
Finding the best mortgage rates in Georgia requires research, patience, and a good understanding of your financial situation. By following these steps and taking the time to compare options, you can secure a mortgage rate that aligns with your goals and saves you money over time.